Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Thing About Trials...

2 Corinthians 7:10 "For Godly grief produces a relevance that leads to salvation without regret whereas worldly grief produces death.

I welcome the trial.. the refinement.. because I want everyday to be a shaping and a molding to His glory and will... but as much as I want more and more, I constantly reject it.. because the trial is never what I think it should be.. it comes in forms that I hate... it comes by way of sin... I guess for my ultimate shaping... the deterioration of my pride and the strengthening of my humility.. I feel weak against sin... but he is strong in our weakness...

2 Corinthians 12 "So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations,[a] a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

There comes a point almost daily.. when I am too tired to continue running from the God who is chasing me... and because I could never actually outrun Him, immediately I am completely caught up and surrounded by His greatness and kindness... and LOVE. Truly.. truly... everything else in the world PALES in comparison to this great love... 

No comments:

Post a Comment